Friday, November 05, 2004

On my way to work




These are the trees I see everyday when I walk to work. The walk is a fairly long stretch of blocks, twenty to be exact from home and about 20-30 minutes walk. Compared to other people who go to work everyday, walking gives me the time to think about what lies ahead of me at work. Sometimes, it's a time for me to daydream.

It must be almost a year now since I started walking. I definitely saved $50/month on parking and a few hundred bucks on gas. More importantly, I think I am adding more years to my life by walking. I get the exercise that I would otherwise not have if I drove to work.

These trees give me company everyday. Come springtime, their collors wil again change into white or pink. It is when they start blooming that I also start to plan for summer.

For now, they are telling me to start planning for my hybernation.

2 Comments:

Blogger JMom said...

Hi TingAling! How lucky you are to be able to walk to work everyday, and with such great view too! This is my first time to this blog, how could I have missed it, when I am in your food blog everyday? Well, I'm glad to have discovered this part of your world, I enjoyed reading about your Bagiuo posts too. It brings back lots of memories.

11:50 AM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

JMom, yes when I read Watson's posts about Baguio, memories about Baguio just kept flowing. I have one in our clan's website but that one stays there. I'd like to keep my own as they pop in. Thanks.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home